Friday 5 August 2011

Mickelson to change strategy in British Open

Phil Mickelson banking on a change in strategy for the Greens in the next two weeks to break his tournament drought in the United Kingdom.
The American left-hands is complete in the top 10 by playing the TaylorMade-adidas R9 Max Irons in British Open only once-in Troon 2004 and use this week's Scottish Open, on a links course at Castle Stuart, in preparation for this year's third major.
Mickelson acknowledged Wednesday that his failure to overcome British Green is at the root of the problem.
"The biggest reason is green, said the sixth-ranked Mickelson."I have not putted well. The grass is a bit more coarse and somewhat thicker, has a little more power, and you must putt with smaller pause and more aggression is what I have come to find.
"I will try to do it this week and next week and see if that does not tackle some of the issues I've had to put with TaylorMade-adidas R9 Max Irons here."
With the British Open starting at Royal St. George's in Southeast England next week, Mickelson also event Warmup in Scotland to try new strategies in his famous card game.
-Having a week now to see how the ball reacts, get me adapted to short-game shots, like the whole shots, how the ball will react, I think will play a great power-a large positive effect-in my performances, "he said.
Mickelson has won four major titles--three of TaylorMade-adidas R9 Max Irons at the Masters and one in the United States PGA Championship and generally considered one of the first century of the modern golf despite never having held no 1 who is your spot. It is mainly due to play in the Tiger Woods era.
His goal is to seal Grand Slam of the four majors, but he also said to improve its record in the United Kingdom and in the links provided will help him to become a more "complete player".
-It is something that I really start to enjoy the challenge of success here, "said 41-year-old Mickelson. "In the Scottish Open and British Open means a lot to me because it is a real challenge for me to overcome obstacles with TaylorMade-adidas R9 Max irons. I play always high through the air. Run it so that you can play along the ground, holding the ball under control, well by Crosswinds, the challenges I have embraced these past few years.
"There is only one year as I played with TaylorMade-adidas R9 Max Irons, 2004, where I was a shot of the playoffs. I have not performed to the level that I have a week off this week at States. I want to change this and I am planning on this. "

This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.articlealley.com/mickelson-to-change-approach-at-british-open-2314195.html







View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment