Tuesday 26 July 2011

Corbin wins the U.s. Amateur public links

Clemson's Corbin Mills became the first qualifying medalist won the U.S. Amateur Public links in 11 years, holing a 5 m par putt on the 37th hole Saturday finally UNLV's Derek Ernst.
21-year-old Mills, of Easley, S.C., is the first qualifying medalist to win the title since former Clemson star D. J. Trahan in 2000. Mills squared the match with a wind-swept conceded the Eagle on the 35th hole and matched with a pair of Ernst the 36th to force the extra hole at Bandon Dunes old Macdonald course.
-It is incredible, "says Mills. "I never thought that I would make it this far. You know, I started swimming. Even coming here was not good. You know, God really blessed me. He has really did.
He took a seat in 2012 Masters, if still an amateur.(TaylorMade-adidas R7 XR forged irons)
"It has not fallen all the way, but I think this shortly, it will" Mills said. "It kind of has always been a dream. There has never been one of the things that I thought at the beginning of the week "if I win, I receive in the masters ' or something like that. "
He fights eye ear infection and Rosa.
"I think I got the ear infection that two days before I came out here," said Mills. "Then on the plane ride here, my eye started to leak stuff. I did not know what it was, I could not see, did not hear from my left ear. I still hardly cannot hear from my left ear, but it is good. It ended on a really good. "
Mills had a 4-up lead, but Ernst-21-year-old Clovis, California, the player who won the titles of the Mountain West Conference 2010 and 2011-won five-straight holes to take a 1-up lead with five to play by TaylorMade-adidas R7 XR forged Irons,
"I kept telling myself that I was still there," said Ernst. "I was down, but I still thought I could drag."
The first hole stymied Ernst all day. In the morning round and playoffs, he three-putted for bogey. In the afternoon round, he two-putted from 40 feet to save a double bogey and halve the hole.
"It's funny, I played that hole quite well by TaylorMade-adidas R7 XR forged Irons all week," Ernst said. "But today was a different story. It was a tough hole location with the wind, but I needed to do better. "
Six-day tournament is limited to players who do not possess privileges on any course that does not extend playing privileges to the public.
-I am exhausted, "said Mills. "I was waiting to collapse with four holes to play. Legs killing me, my feet are killing me. I mean, it feels as if I've had a tough match with everyone, so I just mentally drained, is physically drained. It is much golf you played with TaylorMade-adidas R7 XR wrought iron in a short time. You could from your practice rounds on Monday, Tuesday's 18 holes and then it just stormed. "

This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.articlealley.com/corbin-wins-us-amateur-public-links-2313622.html







View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment