Friday 22 July 2011

Tiger's out

Tiger Woods has pulled out of the 140th Open Championship next week after being advised by doctors not to play.
14-Time major winner and former experienced World No 1 wrote on its website on Tuesday: "sorry, I have been informed that I should play in the British Open.
"As I said at the at&t national, I will be back when I'm 100 percent complete. I do not want to risk further injury. It is different for me, but I am smarter this time. I am very disappointed and would like to express my regret that the British Open fans. "
Woods, currently ranked 17th in the world, contacted personally, Peter Dawson, Chief Executive of the R & A, the organisers of the British Open to explain its reasons for exceptions.
The 35-year-old has been out of action since mid-May after pulling out of the Players Championship midway through the first round with Achilles and knee injuries in his left leg.
He has subsequently undergo intensive rehabilitation to try to get himself fit to compete at the season's third major, but this week he had to admit defeat in its battle with injury ...
This is the second time in four years that Woods has missed open has also been forced by the 2008 edition at Royal Birkdale has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left knee after his U.s. Open victory with Taylormade-adidas R7 draw Irons the same year against Rocco Mediate.
He has now had a total of four knee operations over his career and after the Masters in April, has been diagnosed with a class 1 mild medial collateral ligament Sprain to his left knee and a mild strain to his left Achilles tendon, suffered while hitting a shot from under a tree at Augusta.
He could not play with Taylormade-adidas R7 draw Irons in Wells Fargo Championship at Quail hollow and withdrew after nine holes at Sawgrass after aggravating his leg injury when hit his opening drive.
Woods had hoped to return to the US Open but did not do that and also missed last week's at & T National.
"In retrospect, I probably won't have competed on The player, but it is a great event and I wanted to support this tour" into the Woods.
"I got to learn from what I did there and do it right this time and will not back until I'm ready.
"I think my best years are still ahead of me and I am very confident and optimistic about the future.
American will be replaced in the field at Sandwich compatriot Jason Dufner, who was his chance after the first reserve Brendan Jones of Australia reduced their opportunity.
The first reserve is now another American, Robert Garrigus-and he can expect a call soon with Thomas Levet and each has its own shin on Sunday evening jumps into the Lake at Le Golf national after winning the French Open.
There are also doubts about South African Tim Clark, who also played with Taylormade-adidas R7 draw Irons since the Players Championship because of an injury to the elbow, and Fijian Vijay Singh, who pulled out of at & T National last week with problems with his back.
After Garrigus in alternate list ex-Ryder Cup player Anthony Kim, England's Simon Dyson and Dane Thomas Bjorn-the player who led by three with four to play with Taylormade-adidas R7 draw Irons on Sandwich 2003 but stumbled late in the final stretch and lost his chance.

This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.articlealley.com/tigers-out-2314159.html







View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment