Wednesday 8 June 2011

Elvis Presley Love: Priscilla or Ann-Margaret?

By Larry Geller  Larry geller
Level: Platinum
Before becoming a personal vanity, spiritual mentor and confidante of Elvis Presley in 1964, I worked with the famous Jay Sebring in the hair of the first men...
A few days in production on "Girl happy", Ann-Margret came to visit Elvis on the set. We were shooting overnight on the back lot of MGM, famous for many classic films dating back to the golden era of Hollywood. They had met a year before when it on with him in "viva Las vegas", and the attraction between these two symbols of sex was instantaneous; Elvis has become deeply in love with her. Gossip was that things between them were serious; Elvis was dismissed as advertising studio stories, but they were true. Priscilla made his displeasure known to Elvis, and although he pleaded his innocence, she really did not buy. Nor anyone else who knew him.
When Ann-Margret walked on the back lot to eleven hours a night, all eyes were instantly stuck on it, including ' Elvis - it lit up like a light bulb filament. When Elvis has finished shooting his scene, he walked forward to him. They hugged, and then he took by the hand and did sign me to follow. We entered the trailer of tiny, cramped locker Elvis with barely enough space for two people, not to mention the three. Elvis sat down on a small table before a mirror surrounded by light bulbs so that I could do her hair.
Take care of the Elvis hair was certainly a different experience for me tonight. As always, my first duty was to make some Elvis hair seemed ready to print for its next stage, in perfect condition. But this time I was absorbed in the exchange between Elvis and Ann-Margaret, room buzzing electricity and their emotions flying in all directions. Whenever they the other watched their self-awareness and magnetic attraction was obvious and transparent. My main dilemma was to make the task, despite the distractions. There I was, standing between them in very tight quarters, you brush your hair Elvis; with Ann-Margret body if near the mine that I could actually feel her breasts on my back. Talk about a blessing and a curse! It is hard work... but someone had to do.
Elvis and Ann-Margret were beautiful together; they shared an energy and enthusiasm for life makes you feel happy for them. Elvis loved it much and loved to laugh.
They appeared to have all the elements for a sustainable relationship, but Elvis gave it intimidated him. She had her own highly successful career, which was not about to start for anyone, and - especially - it was independent and would not play a role of submission. A few Elvis woman engaged with had this kind of determination and sense of self.
Elvis acknowledged would never exercise control on it that he was then on a young and inexperienced Priscilla. He inevitably is down to a choice between Priscilla someone Elvis believed that he could sequester a couple of thousand kilometres whenever he wanted to take advantage of its "freedom" and Ann-Margret, who challenged, if only because that his life do revolves around her. It was a challenge he never met with any woman.
Several hours after the departure of Ann-Margret lot, Elvis and I've retreated to his dressing room between scenes. Elvis did not lose a minute, diving right into what was foremost on his mind. "Lawrence, is between Ann and Priscilla." And it's really strange that they resemble so much, almost like sisters. But you tell the truth, I do think things step would work with Ann and me. Two Ego like ours, two careers. There are inevitably conflicts. I really at heart for her. "But ya tell the truth, I don't really think that this would be a sustainable thing."
Elvis then explained what he believed was the main obstacle to continue with Ann "women should stay home and raise a family." This is how I grew up. "A small smile crept up on the face of Elvis. "I'll tell you something, I learned long ago." It is more in the life of lust. »
In the wilds of Hollywood, Elvis attitudes towards women were almost quaint. He fled the promiscuous, although he certainly went through some wild times. "Man, when I learned that I was in the army I am wild pigs." Larry, I have had sexual relations with all the girls I could find. I went as far as possible, until I've had so exhausted finish to the hospital. I suppose that I need that experience; "He made me realize then that sex without love or affection is a waste".
"Indeed, I am committed to Priscilla," he said, "and one day I will live up to my promise to him and his father." Priscilla reminds me of my mother. She wants to be a mother and raise children. It is not a showbiz career. She just wants to be my wife. »
Elvis seemed very satisfied and content that he had made such an important decision, and a few years later, he has kept his promise and married Priscilla. He remained very fond of Ann-Margaret, and their friendship lasted the rest of his life.
I was much more that la personal hairdresser to Elvis Presley. I was also the day that we met in 1964, the day that I style his hair for his funeral, his confidant and spiritual mentor. I brought in the books of life Elvis and the ideas that we have shared in countless intimate conversations over our many years together.
Before meeting Elvis, I worked with the famous Jay Sebring. Our clientele read like a Hollywood who s Who, with such luminaries as Frank Sinatra, Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, Peter Sellers, Steve McQueen, Henry Fonda, Peter Fonda, Robert Wagner, James Garner, Bobby Darin, Sammy David, Jr., Rock Hudson, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke, Kirk Douglas, Tony Bennett, Jackie Gleason and many more.
You learn more about Elvis at http://www.elvispresleybiography.net
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Larry_Geller
This article has been viewed 162 time (s).

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment